General Gymnastics Rules 2019-20 Season
- Wear a leotard everyday. (Not just a sports bra)
- Remove jewelry before entering the gym to prevent loss/theft. NO jewelry is allowed for meets! This is a .1 deduction.
- Hair (including BANGS) must be pulled up and free from face everyday. Be sure hair does not fall out during a routine! We want to practice how we will perform, and moving hair off your face during a meet will result in a .1 deduction each time.
- All gymnasts MUST have a locker and all non-gymnastics stuff, including school bags and other clothes will be kept in it.
- BE ON TIME— Practice starts at 3:30 pm. Bring all workout materials into the gym the first time you enter. Late girls will have extra conditioning and clean-up at the end of practice. (Exception for HS bus)
- Must be in school to practice or compete that day. Talk to the head coach to prearrange absences/tardies.
- Respect the Coaches – No eye-rolling, talking back, mocking, etc.
- Respect the Equipment; it is expensive to replace! NO pop, gum, or junky snacks in the gym. Absolutely NO food on the floor or mats!
- Must be in practice the day before a meet to compete.
10. Call or email the day of a meet if you are sick or unable to be at the meet. This allows a teammate to compete in your place.
11. Report all injuries to a coach no matter how small they may seem. Icing should be done at the end of practice, if possible.
12. Respect your team, coaches, and yourselves on any/all social media. Failure to do so will result in a code of conduct violation (2 weeks/meets out)
13. ELIMINATE YOURSELF FROM ANY ENCOUNTER WITH ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, OR DRUGS. *Colleges look at social media/ Guilt by association